|GEODE||OCCUPATIONAL INFORMATION PORTAL||CONTACT DETAILS||CAMSIS|
GEODE project: Publications
**For publications related to the GEODE project from 2008 onwards, please see the publications page of the DAMES Node's website**
- Lambert, P.S. and Tan, K.L.T. (2007) "Instructions for Using the GEODE Portal, edition 1.1", GEODE project Technical Paper Number 1, Stirling: University of Stirling [11/6/2007] [Earlier editions: 0.3].
- Lambert, P.S. "An illustrative guide: Using GEODE to link data from SOC-2000 to NS-SEC and other occupation-based social classificatons, edition 1.1", GEODE project Technical Paper Number 2, Stirling: University of Stirling [11/6/2007].
- Tan, K.L.L. "GEODE: Technical Documentation (v0.2)", GEODE project Technical Paper Number 3, Stirling: University of Stirling [16/11/2007].
Extra paper: If you are visiting this page in order to access resources and examples on using the GEODE portal, you might also find our paper from our workshop of 16th Jan 2007 to be useful: "Practical session: Implementing GEODE" (link to other materials from the 16th Jan workshop).
Papers and conference presentations
- Turner, Lambert, Tan, Gayle, Sinnott, Prandy, Bihagen, van Leeuwen (2008), 'Grid Computing for Virtual Organizations: An E-Social Science Case Study', pp. 643-651 in Putnik, G.D. and Cunha, M.M (eds) Encyclopedia of Networked and Virtual Organizations. Hershey, Penn.: IGI Global.
- Lambert, Tan, Turner, Gayle, Sinnott, Prandy (2007) 'Data Curation Standards and Social Science Occupational Information Resources', International Journal of Digital Curaton, 2(1) 73-91. (Previously presented to the 2nd International Digital Curation Conference, Glasgow, 21-22 November 2006 - Presentation slides / Conference blog ).
- Tan, Gayle, Lambert, Sinnott, Turner (2006), 'GEODE - Sharing Occupational Data Through The Grid', Paper presented to the 5th UK eScience All Hands Meeting, Nottingham, 18-21 September. [Paper / Presentation slides]
- Lambert, Tan, Gayle, Prandy, Turner (2006) 'The Importance of Specificity in Occupation Based Social Classifications', Paper presented to the Cambridge Social Stratification Research Seminar, Clare College, Cambridge, 10-12 September [Paper / Presentation slides] (forthcoming in Internatonal Journal of Sociology and Social Policy, 2008).
- Lambert, Tan, Turner, Gayle, Prandy, Sinnott (2006) 'Utilising a Grid Enabled Occupational Data Environment', Paper presented to the 16th World Congress of the International Sociological Association (Reseach Committee 33 on Logic and Methodology in the Social Sciences), Durban S.A., 23-29 July [Presentation slides]
- Lambert, Tan, Turner, Gayle, Prandy, Sinnott (2006) 'Developing a Grid Enabled Occupational Data Environment', Paper presented to the 2nd International Conference on eSocial Science, Manchester, 28-30 June [Paper / Presentation slides / Video]
Stirling University home / Paul Lambert's homepage / DAMES Node